Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Signs of the End of the Age

SIGNS OF THE END OF THE AGE

Because I love people...all kinds of people...all religions, all races, etc., etc., I’m writing this to everyone because I don’t want to see anyone fooled, misled, attacked...or left behind. I have been contemplating the Bible passage Matthew 24 where Jesus is questioned by His disciples about the end times. He spells it out to them:

1. Many will come in My Name claiming to be Christ and will mislead many.
2. There will be wars and rumors of wars.
3. Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom.
4. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

I’ve seen every one of these things happen.

However, He says these things are merely the beginning of what He calls “birth pangs,” meaning that the end is only beginning to manifest itself. Then He says that:

1. Christians will be delivered to tribulation, killed, and hated by all nations because of His Name.
2. Many will fall away from Him and betray one another and hate one another.
3. Many false prophets will arise and mislead many.
4. Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold.
5. The Gospel will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.
6. If anyone says to you, “Here is the Christ,” or “There He is,” don’t believe them because false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.
7. Just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

I’ve seen signs of 1-6 in this list, too. Heck, some of it has even happened to me (no, I haven’t claimed to be Jesus Christ!) and because of these things, I feel that God has put a burden on me to send out a warning to all who call themselves Christians: Read Matthew 24 and think on these things. Do you see any of it happening? Are you participating in any of these things? What is a false prophet? (It may not be what you think.) Do some research...even if it’s just a little. Are you sitting under teaching that’s not of the Lord Jesus Christ? Think back on what you’ve heard in church recently...even as long ago as 3-4 years...or more...or less. This leads to my next blog....tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment