Wednesday, February 9, 2011

IMPORTANT PHONE CALL

"No, I don't think so...what do you mean, 'Why not?' I just told you...he's a charmer...you know, the type that takes you out to a nice restaurant, engages you in a conversation that makes you think he cares who you really are, then all of a sudden it's, 'You want to come back to my place?' Once, just once, I'd like to go on a date with a guy who wants to know what I like, where I've been, what my goals are..."

Pregnant pause.

"I never thought of that...be interested in his likes and dislikes? Maybe next time..."

This is my submission for the 100 Word Challenge from www.velvetverbosity.com for this week. The prompt is "ENGAGES."

7 comments:

  1. aha! Turned those tables right around, huh? Well caught on the emotions.

    I am ever so glad I am not in the dating world these days. :) It was tough enough in my teens way back yonder in the 60s. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done...and you're right, we were thinking alike on this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not go through the dating scene again. If I ever found myself single, I would have to be that crazy cat lady every neighborhood needs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the last line a lot. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I love it--sometimes when dating, women can be a little self-centered! I know I've done that a few times ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hated the dating scene. I thank God everyday that he brought Lance to me!

    ReplyDelete