Sunday, December 31, 2017

Happy Year's End

Another year is coming to a close in a couple of hours or so and again it's hard to believe.  The year has fairly flown by.  Seems I just got used to saying "2017" when another year is attempting to introduce itself to me.  This year has been a bit trying but still I look around and see that we have had it better than many and for that we are grateful.

Although atrial fibrillation has plagued me off and on since 2014 and began a non-stop attack at year's end last year, running into the new year this year and after a failed attempt at an ablation I finally had a pacemaker installed on Groundhog's Day, totally missing General Lee's AND Punxsutawney Phil's predictions, and hubby and I both had the flu in March and I had a complete hysterectomy in June, which required weeks of mandatory recovery period and missing our yearly beach visit, and hubby had a GI bleed after a colonoscopy and ended up back in the hospital for a repair, we still count ourselves among the very blessed in the world and indeed in this nation.  A nation which has shown out for the TV cameras pretty much all year, and not in a good way.  A nation which should also have considered itself among the most blessed in the world because it is.

I have to say that although it has been a good year for us compared to the trouble so many people have suffered, and I'm grateful for the good year that we had, I'm still somehow glad to see it come to a close.  I am petitioning the Lord for a healthier coming year for hubby and me and asking Him for good health for our family and safety for us all.  I ask Him to guide us into witnessing to those around us the goodness of Jesus Christ and the salvation that can only come through Him.  There are many who do not believe this, and some that never will, but I hope and pray that we can witness to some who will believe.

To you and yours, I wish a safe, healthy, prosperous 2018, and that you will trust Jesus Christ with your life in every way, that He will bless you in every area of your life because you trust Him with it.

God bless you.

1 comment: