Thursday, September 19, 2013

NOT TRYIN' TO GLORIFY THE PIRATE'S LIFE, BUT WHAT?! WHY DIDN'T I KNOW IT'S TLAPD?!

Shiver me timbers!  How is it that it's halfway through the day and I have to find out from Fox News that it's "Talk Like a Pirate Day?!"  Well, blow me down!

My blog posts usually pertain to some serious topic like truth, appearances, genealogy, or my Southern ways (that may not be serious to you, but it is to me, matey!) but today I am so surprised that I had not been alerted by Facebook or some lame-yet-well-intentioned forwarded email or even a 24-hour warning from my beloved Fox News that I just had to share my concern.  Argh!  But, alas, I will have to give Fox a reprieve...the announcers only discovered it themselves while I was watching the early afternoon show.

Lest ye think I be attempting to glorify the pirate life, leave me put you at ease.  I think it is bilge.  However, over the past few years much jest has been made of pirates and their evil ways.  Harkens me back to the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies which feature the most playful and almost innocent of pirates ever to hit the silver screen, Captain Jack Sparrow, portrayed by the very talented Johnny Depp.

Landlubber, yet beach lover, that I am, I make no pretense as to being informed as to pirate ways and the like.  I do enjoy the movies, though, if I can just get past all the weirdness, the undead, the slimy sea creatures, and the constant drink.  (As some of my readers may know, I am no partaker of the grog.  I prefer orange juice...it prevents scurvy.)

Well, mates, I must shove off from my office now and go to the galley for a beverage, but I will leave you with this picture.  They are, as the old saw goes, "worth a thousand words."  One of which is "avast."  Means to stop or halt.  Which this picture may force you to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment