Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Entry #5 in the New Age Series


Here's a New Age leader I'm sure most of you have heard of...Robert Schuller. Although he died last year, he was on TV for years. As you were channel surfing, you probably saw him in his powder blue robe preaching in his Crystal Cathedral, a massive all-glass structure in Garden Grove, CA. Over the years, he invited various celebrities to join him at his pulpit. He wrote several books, one of which is, "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It." Let's look at a few quotes from it.

"I characterize the basic needs of people as follows: food, clothing, and shelter; security; family and friends; to understand and be appreciated; to help others, to find God." Notice God's ranking in this list! Odd for a preacher, don't you think?

Here's another one: "Treat yourself right. Take care of yourself and others will start treating you better. You deserve the best." Another selfish, self-esteem, New Age statement. Does it agree with the Bible?  Doesn’t the Bible say that we’re supposed to put others first?

The last one I have for you is: "I believe! I believe! I believe! Even if the words don't come naturally, force yourself to repeat them morning, noon and night. Force them into your subconscious. These words will give you the power to face life again. I guarantee it!" Believe what? In yourself, I suppose. And Who is our power to face life? The Holy Spirit, not some mantra we're supposed to force ourselves to repeat in order to feel good. This is just a fraction of what Schuller is responsible for feeding innocents. You can Google him and find much more.

So far we've discussed two New Age leaders who have had much unholy influence over the years on untold numbers of people. These were mild. It heats up a bit. Join me in a couple of days for discussion on another. I'll leave you to  your thoughts on today's post and also give you time to Google Robert Schuller.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment