Thursday, January 20, 2011

Confused

As a writer of Christian fiction, occasionally I am invited to speak on the subject. As part of my presentation I include my testimony, how I became a Christian. After all, if a gal is going to write Christian books, she should provide her credentials, right? Wouldn't you want to know that? I recently explained this to an inviter from a local church, and she was perplexed and asked that I just speak on myself and my writing for fear of confusing some of the people. Then I was confused. If this was a Christian-type church, what was the fear?


This is my submission to www.velvetverbosity.com Their challenge this week is to write 100 words...no more, no less...on the word "credentials." This happened to me just recently. The story is longer, this submission is not.

6 comments:

  1. That is odd. How could giving your testimony confuse church members? Now I am confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of the fun of going to author events is hearing at least a little backstory. Hmm...count me among the confused as well. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope that we learn more about this one - I am confused and want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think at that point you should have asked for a little background on her and her church!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, folks. Wasn't sure how this one was going to be received, so I appreciate your positive comments. In answer to Tuxford's comment, they believe that you become a Christian (the quote was "encounter the blood of Jesus") when you are baptized. In other words, asking Jesus Christ into your heart doesn't get it. If you're not water baptized, you go to hell. That is their belief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting story, June! I believe in Baptism but I don't think it tells the whole story! Everyone's witness is powerful and should be shared. Thanks for sharing your 100 words this week!

    ReplyDelete