Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gertie and Bertie

Gertrude screamed, both fists banging on her neighbor's front door. Recognizing her voice Bertram snatched the door open. "What's wrong, Gertrude?"

"Help me!" she wailed, turning and running toward her house. Bertram loped behind her, his royal blue robe flopping wildly and shaving cream flying off his face in the breeze.

Approaching her front door she cautiously entered, ran and jumped onto a dining room chair.

Bertram stood agape as he looked from her to the trembling creature behind the trash can.

"A harmless mouse?" he marveled.

"Harmless?!" she panted. "Nothing is harmless that can give you a heart attack!"


This is my submission to this week's 100 word challenge at www.velvetverbosity.com

5 comments:

  1. hahaha... This is so me! I get in the chair and scream everytime I see a bug. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! I know a few people who would do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE!!! I had an Aunt Gertrude. She would not have been on the chair, though. She would have stomped the dickens out of the poor wee mousie. Great job - made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me chuckle! Thanks for the grins (good job with your 100 words!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my gosh June! You crack me up. I love this post, I should send you a link for my blog post earlier in the year about finding a nest of the critters in my garage.

    ReplyDelete