Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pointy Things

Sharp objects bring out the squeamish in me. I'm probably alone when I say that as a child of the '50's and '60's watching a western with my family, my peepers slammed shut when some unsuspecting cowboy received an arrow to the chest! And when Elizabeth Turner plunged a knife into the undead chest of Captain Barbossa I was a goner. Heck, I wasn't too thrilled last week when the guy next to me at Outback stabbed his steak knife into a rare t-bone. And don't get me started on tetanus shots. Anyone got any smelling salts? I'm feeling green.

7 comments:

  1. This is really good! Im excited to have you on 100 word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to 100 words and good job, cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Welcome to the Challenge. This is a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. I, too, prefer NOT to be stabbed with needles - but as one ages, it becomes more and more frequent. Just thinking about it gives me a case of butt pucker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done! Welcome to 100 Words. And, lceel!!! cracks up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to 100 Words! Great job, I don't mind being stabbed or watching, but I get it.

    ReplyDelete